Monday, March 28, 2011

Technology is Cool....

Yesterday I did something new to me that was very cool and opened my mind to some new ideas and possibilities. We have a family interested in Alexsander Acadmey that lives in Hawaii and is moving to Georgia over the summer. the mother had the opportunity to visit our school, but her son, was not with her on her visit. Since she is excited about the possibility of her son coming to our school the next step in the application process is to be tested....by me. Well, that can be somewhat difficult when the students lives in Hawaii. Luckily, the mom was an out-of-the-box thinker and we ended up faxing her testing paperwork and I tested her amazing son over Skype. How cool is that?! It was my first time using Skype and my first time testing a student over Skype. It worked quite well and it gave the child a chance to see me and connect to me while we tested. It really made me realize how much technology has impacted our society in a positive way and reflect on how much more I could be using technology with my students to enhance their education, their communication skills, and even work on other areas! This is something that I will be reflecting on over the next few months....

1 comment: